Even a huge fan of online gambling will not deny that in some aspects portals are inferior to offline casinos. Most often, opponents of virtual gambling entertainment point to the lack of an atmosphere inherent in real gambling houses. You must admit, playing roulette or craps is much more interesting in a real room, where you can chat with croupiers and table partners.
Also, many players do not like that the outcome of the drawings depends on the random number generator. Some simply do not trust the software, while others are bored playing against “the machine”.
Live-casinos have become an excellent solution for such customers, combining the functional features of real establishments and gambling portals. These appeared in online gambling a few years ago, and now almost all major sites offer tables with real dealers.
Let’s figure out all the pros and cons of “live” casinos together.
How does a live casino work?
The general principle of a live-casino is that you play directly on the computer screen with real dealers working in a special hall or a real establishment.
Here are the key differences in a nutshell:
- This format differs from standard online -casinos in that there are no random number generators. The croupiers really spin the ball on the roulette wheel, deal cards and carry out other actions.
- Live-casino differs from ordinary real establishments in the list of duties of dealers. They lead the process, but do not make payouts. Any winnings are calculated and credited automatically.
In this way, you are watching a video broadcast of the gameplay that can be made from the following locations:
- Dedicated Studio – This is the most common option. Only dealers and technicians are in the room. There are no real players, which makes it possible to create the most favorable conditions for ensuring high-quality broadcasting.
- Real casino – This version is less common. The cameras are installed right in the gambling establishment, where other customers and employees are also present. This achieves a realistic atmosphere.
- TV studios – Some online-casinos broadcast over the Internet and TV from specially equipped studios. This allows you to engage gambling enthusiasts who, for some reason, are not active users of the worldwide network.
In each of the options described above, the camera captures everything that happens at the table and, through a special interface, transmits the picture to the screen of the device from which the client entered the casino.
Not all (in fact, only a few) gambling portals can afford their own studio with real croupiers. Most sites use third-party providers. Such companies can be roughly divided into two categories:
- Specializing in live-casino software: Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming, Vuetec, Ezugi;
- Also releasing games on a random number generator: Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Amaya.
Internet portals offering live games from several software operators at once have not been uncommon for a long time.
Live dealer studios
The studios where real croupiers work are located in different countries on several continents. This full list is too long to publish it within a review article, so we will limit ourselves to the list of studios of several leading operators.
- Riga: Playtech, Evolution Gaming;
- Estonia: Amaya;
- Georgia: Authentic Gaming;
- Malta: NetEnt, Evolution Gaming;
- Bulgaria: Ezugi;
- Finland: Playtech;
- London: Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming;
- Brussel: Ezugi, Evolution Gaming;
- Bucharest: Playtech, Evolution Gaming;
- Spain: Playtech, Evolution Gaming;
- Italy: Authentic Gaming, Evolution Gaming.
- Canada: Evolution Gaming, Microgaming;
- USA: Ezugi;
- Costa-Rica: Ezugi, Visionary iGaming, Vivo Gaming.
- Manila: Playtech;
- Cambodia: Ezugi.
Once again, the list is not complete, as it is too extensive and may change.
Features of the live-casino interface
Each live casino provider uses its own software interface. Despite numerous differences, common elements can be distinguished in all programs:
- Window with video broadcast;
- An interactive field where bets are accepted, as well as the gameplay takes place;
- A timer counting down the time until the end of betting;
- A plate indicating the limits;
- Chat window;
- Buttons that open the rules and the settings section.
Also, there may be other buttons, windows and links on the panel, so it is better to carefully study the interface in each individual case.
Gambling in live-casino
The basic set of “live” casino consists of three live games:
- European roulette,
- American blackjack,
- Typical baccarat.
Of course, at present, establishments offer a much wider range of games, including the following gambling entertainment:
- Several versions of poker: Casino Hold’em, Three Card Poker, Caribbean Poker and others.
- Different types of roulette: European, American, French, Double Ball, Immersive, Astro, Dragonara and so on.
- All kinds of blackjack variations: American, European, with different numbers of boxes and limits.
- Unusual versions of baccarat: Baccarat Squeeze and others.
- Asian Dice Games: Sic Bo, Dragon Tiger and more.
- Also, many large live-casinos offer unique models of individual developers.
Please note that most establishments do not allow you to play live games for free. Moreover, often even just opening a table is possible only in the mode of real bets. Obviously, you should be registered. Live-casinos with demo versions are becoming rarer. This format is often abandoned even by sites that previously allowed testing live-games for interest.
How to choose the best live-casino?
As for directly online-games with live croupiers, the following nuances should be taken into account:
- Game selection – The number of tables with real dealers often does not exceed a dozen models. Make sure that among it there are games that interest you.
- Limits – The casino should have tables where you can play in a range of bets that is comfortable for you.
- Language – It is always more comfortable to play with a dealer who speaks a language you know well. Keep in mind that many casinos have regional studios targeted at residents of certain countries.
- Free mode – Many people definitely need the opportunity to test games in a demo version. If there is no such option, make sure that you can at least watch the process without betting.
- Functionality of the interface – Are you satisfied with the design of the software? Are there any required settings? Is online chat available with the dealer and other players? Does the game launch quickly? Does the picture not freeze? Ideally, the software should meet all your needs.
- Mobile version – Internet gambling is rapidly moving to smartphones. If you want to have access to your favorite games anywhere, look for a live-casino with a smartphone-friendly interface option.
- Bonuses – Gambling portals may offer special incentive promotions for live-casino customers. Do not neglect such bonuses.
Of course, it is up to you to decide in which casino to place a bet. But remember that the main criterion when choosing a portal is honesty and reliability.
Live-casinos with real croupiers are a really interesting compromise solution for fans of offline establishments who do not have the opportunity to visit real casinos.
If you miss the atmosphere of a real gambling hall or do not trust random number generators, you might want to register on a portal that offers gambling in this format. There are many ways to please you with the highest level of service with large bonuses, first-class software, personal management and other features.