Gamblers can be different, same as video game fans. Some love classic slots and are suspicious of new genres, while others, on the contrary, constantly follow trends and aren’t afraid of trying non-standard styles. Some carefully study the characteristics of slot machines, and others simply choose an application because of its design. We have compiled a description of the four main types of gamblers, and we’d like to invite you to decide which type you feel you belong to. As a reward, you’ll find a list of recommended slot machines that perfectly matches your preferences at the end of the article.
Defining feature: nostalgia.
Motto: It used to be better.
Representatives of the old guard longingly recall the one-armed bandits in physical casinos or gaming clubs and opt for classic-style video slots. Instead of the 3D technology used in NetEnt’s Jack and the Beanstalk, they prefer the realistic jingling of coins and the flashing lights in fruit slots.
If you’re a dedicated old schooler, you should try:
- Sizzling Hot series from Novomatic: fruit-themed video slots. The classic design, a huge number of juicy fruits, and pleasant music make them look like those very one-armed bandits that old school gamblers sometimes miss.
- Crazy Monkey from Igrosoft: a cult slot about the adventures of a crazy monkey. The slot machine is a godsend for a real old-schooler because it has an exciting bonus round, Igrosoft’s brand design, and, of course, humour, which has become this developer’s hallmark.
- Lucky Clover by iSoftBet: a slot about leprechauns, magic four-leaf clover, and pots of gold. The highlight of this classic style machine is 3 reels, like the old one-armed bandits.
- Lucky Lady’s Charm from Novomatic: a slot machine about Lady Fortune, which has amassed a cult following among gamblers. The esoteric-style slot machine captivates the player with its hand-drawn design, unconventional plot, and the ability to fully submerge into the nostalgia of the good old days when people still believed in the magical properties of rabbit feet.
Representatives of old school obviously have good taste, but you shouldn’t focus solely on the classics. Try Gonzo’s Quest by NetEnt, Age Of The Gods by Playtech, or Cleopatra by IGT. Perhaps these iconic slots will be just as good as retro slots.
Defining feature: inconsistency.
Motto: What a beautiful design! I must try it!
Casual gamblers play video slots from time to time simply to have fun. They aren’t afraid of experiments but choose slot machines based on their appearance. Their favourite genres are pets, ancient treasures, and sea adventures.
Some casual players give up diamonds and cats on the reels in favour of slot machines based on comics or popular films. The taste of representatives of this gambler type is often influenced by popular culture, so they choose slots with famous characters from blockbusters.
If you, like a casual player, adore unusual plots, creative solutions, and bright design, be sure to try:
- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider from Microgaming: a slot machine based on the famous Lara Croft movie starring Angelina Jolie.
- Batman and the Joker Jewels from Playtech: a slot machine about the adventures of Batman and his old enemy the Joker in the style of a 1960s TV show.
- Kitty Glitter from IGT: incredibly cute video slot about cats and gems.
- All the Vogue from Noble Gaming: a slot machine about luxury living and fashion in the style of a glossy Vogue magazine.
Casual players already don’t focus on specific genres, but we still strongly recommend expanding your horizons. Both Wishing Cup by Rival Gaming and Dracula by NetEnt present exciting stories.
Defining feature: dependence on hi-tech and gadgets.
Motto: More innovations!
Geeks in video slots are usually attracted not by the opportunity to hit the jackpot, but by the mechanics of the game. Representatives of this type of player choose only modern slot machines with a variety of chips and experimental features. They react to innovations with a lot of emotion, like calculating the probability of winning, and develop unique strategies for each video slot. Their favourite genres are computer games and comics, fantasy, science fiction, movies, and anime.
If you call yourself a geek obsessed with novelties and cool bonus games, make sure to try:
- O’ Gold from Blueprint Gaming: a custom slot with 6 reels and MegaWays technology. The winning combinations are formed like Tetris, and special symbols launch bonus rounds with leprechauns.
- Well of Wonders from Thunderkick: an original slot without standard reels with a progressive multiplier and a bonus game that is activated randomly during unsuccessful spins.
- Satoshis Secret from Endorphina: the Matrix-style slot machine dedicated to the inventor of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto. Inside the slot machine, there’s a Forex simulator and a bonus round where you have to hack bank accounts.
- Planet of the Apes from NetEnt: a slot machine based on the Planet of the Apes films with short movie clips, bonus rounds, and free spins. Its main highlight is two Rise and Down fields, each with 5 reels that rotate synchronously.
For geeks, we also recommend keeping an eye on the new machines from Storm Gaming Technology and Red Tiger Gaming. The developers bought a license for MegaWays technology from BTG and will soon please their fans with something extraordinary.
Defining feature: unconditional love for slot machines.
Motto: High volatility slots are better than micro wins!
Love for slot machines borders on addiction among hardcore players. They like to play seriously and aren’t afraid of big bets. They choose slot machines with progressive jackpots and high-volatility slots, where winnings are rare but significant.
Such gamblers rarely play demo versions of free slots and don’t focus on any specific genres, so we recommend:
- 300 Shields from NextGen: slot based on the movie 300 with a maximum multiplier of x300, which can be combined with a jackpot of 1000 bets.
- Mega Moolah from Microgaming: progressive jackpot slot machine that has helped dozens of players become millionaires. This video slot holds the title of the game with the biggest win in the history of online casinos.
- Book Of Aztec from Amatic: colourful slot machine about the Aztecs with a maximum win of 10,000 credits.
- Arabian Tales from Platipus Gaming: high volatility oriental themed slot machine with a maximum win of 50,000 coins.
For hardcore players, we also recommend slots with progressive jackpots from different manufacturers: Mega Fortune Dreams from NetEnt, The Beach Life from Playtech, Diamond Wild from iSoftBet, and other slot machines.